Book Review--Avenue of Spies

I have been reading World War II history books for years but normally my focus tends to be on Germany.  I was thrilled to have the opportunity to learn more about Nazi occupied France in Avenue of Spies.

Alex Kershaw brings to life the story of Dr. Summer Jackson, an American who risked his life to help save the lives of American Pilots, Jewish friends, and ultimately opened his home as a hub of the Resistance.  Jackson lived in the center of a Nazi hotbed in Paris, yet he continued to aid the Liberation network of the French resistance, ignoring the danger that literally lived next door.

I loved this account because the information was all new to me!  The book was fast paced, thrilling and inspiring.  I definitely recommend Avenue of Spies!


Comments

Popular Posts