Mini Fruit PIzza



Loving your country is in style all year round so it's ok that I'm 3 weeks late with these cookies right?  Being in the military has definitely taken my patriotism to a new level--yes I cry every time I hear cheesy I love America songs and I'm not afraid to admit it.

These cookies are actually a mini version of a favorite dessert I had growing up.  My Mom would make fruit pizza and I used to request it as my birthday cake because I loved it so much.

Like all of my recipes it looks beautiful but is ridiculously easy.

1 roll of sugar cookie dough
1 package of cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
various fruits

I took the really easy way out with these and got the cookies that are preformed in the flat package.  You know the kind I'm talking about.  The ones that no one wants to admit they use but taste so good and are so easy!  I am not a baker so any short cut I can get I will take.

Bake your cookies.
Cream the sugar and cream cheese together in a bowl.
Spread the mixture on cooled cookies.
Decorate as you please.

Yep!  That's it.  I used red white and blue to stick with the I love America theme but you can really use any fruit you want.  They are yummy regardless!!

This is a great dessert that you can make without having to remember tons of ingredients to pick up at the store.  I like to keep cookie dough in the freezer in case of an emergency and then the only thing you need is the cream cheese and fruit!

Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts