Monday's Miscellany

Linking up with my friend Carissa today!


It has been a whirlwind of a month for us and it's not over yet!  Everything has been fun but we have been so busy!  I'm trying to be more organized in my cooking and preparation so that life isn't as hectic when we are busy.  This is an easy 2 ingredient crockpot recipe that we added to the mix recently!


Green Tacos

1 can of green salsa of your choice
chicken

That's it!  Pour the salsa over the chicken and let your crockpot do it's magic.  I used 4 chicken breasts and 1 jar of salsa and it was enough for 2 or 3 meals.  Depending on the size of the jar you could probably only use half for 4 pieces.  This is one that you really can't mess up so just experiment!  I think it would be delicious with red salsa as well!


* * *

One of the hardest things about military life is living far away from family.  Seeing extended family becomes even more difficult when you combine the distance and a baby!  This cutie was named for his late Grandpa so it was imperative that we visited my sweet Grandma!  We traveled from Seattle to the Pittsburgh area and back in 4 days.  I got to spend time with my parents, childhood friends, sweet sorority sisters and of course my Grandma.  I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to do this!  This is 4 generations right here.  I think I'm looking more and more like my Dad and the Littlest Guy looks more and more like his!

* * *

To add to the excitement of the month we are celebrating one year with our sweet little man.  I can not believe he is already that old.  It seems like time went much quicker with him than with my first.  I like to tell him #slowyourgrow


* * *

I don't consider myself particularly crafty.  I'm artsy but not crafty.  I wish I were crafty.  Thankfully cupcake art it more artsy than crafty.  (How many times can I saw those two words in one post?)

My dear friend Allison taught me all about modeling chocolate.  It's your new best friend.  Anything you can do with playdoh you can do with modeling chocolate.  And you can eat it too!


These little guys were easy to make and taste great too!  I'll have tutorial up later this week on how to make things out of modeling chocolate!

* * *



These are my favorite sippy cups.  They are small, easy to use and plain.  I'm not really into characters and such so these were perfect for our house.  And suddenly they don't make them anymore.  Grr!!!  If I ever see them I'm going to buy like 300 so I'm set for the rest of my life.  If YOU see them will you please buy them for me?  I'll love you forever!!

* * *

Speaking of buying things....someone needs to have a talk with all of the children's clothing store buyers.  We've had shorts out for MONTHS here in the PNW and it is still COLD!!  This happened to me last year and I should've been more prepared but my kids are ready to move up a size but they need to move up in cold weather clothes not in warm weather.  Maybe next year I'll learn!

Hope your Monday is fabulous!!!



Comments

  1. ...and bathing suits, because clearly, we all need a new bathing suit right now! silly PNW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tacos are amazing- 2 ingredients AND crockpot? PINNED!

    Thanks for joining us for Let’s Get Social Sunday! I was already following you on FB...now following on bloglovin as well!

    Hope you have a great week! :)

    Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on The Collective and just started following on GFC. I love crockpot recipes so 2 ingredient tacos? Love it!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Looks like we are living in similar digs, the PNW :) We finally pulled out the shorts today but its still pretty chilly. And I HATE it when you find something you love like a sippy cup and then they discontinue. Bah! Anyways, I found you from the link party Made in a Day and following all. Heather, www.RockStew.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Dawn's hop and I'm glad I did! I'm following along now :)

    LOVE the whale cupcakes (and it seem's like I'm not the only one!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts