Creamy Potato Soup


This is one of my favorite recipes of all time.  It is homey and rich and comforting.  It isn't a traditional potato soup but you'd be crazy to not try it!

Creamy Potato Soup

10 medium potatoes
1 cup diced celery
1 tsp salt
1 medium onion, diced
3 cups water
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
4 T butter
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 and 1/2 cup milk
1 cup cream
1 T chopped parsley
cheddar cheese

Peel and dice your potatoes.  Combine potatoes, 3 cups of water, onion, celery, salt and pepper in a large pot.  Bring to a boiling point then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.  Mix the cornstarch with the remaining water in a small bowl.  Bring the soup to a boiling point and add the cornstarch mixture.  Simmer a few minutes.  Add parsley, milk, cream, butter, eggs and salt.  Heat slowly.

I top mine with a generous portion of cheddar cheese!



Comments

  1. This sounds delicious! I have a whole slew of potatoes that I need to use up. I'll be making this for dinner tomorrow night! And I've never thought of using eggs in potato soup. Can't wait to try it! New follower on FB, GFC and Pinterest! :)

    Visiting from Keeping it Simple.
    ~Emily
    www.texaslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! good work! found you on Tuesdays hop
    http://bestsidedishs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You soup looks so good.......Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never put eggs in potato soup before. I think that sounds yum! Just pinned this and I'm stopping by from the {wow me} wednesday linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummm, the soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you from Marvelous Mondays link party. I would love if you would share at my Tried and True Recipe party: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it at the table with Full Plate Thursday.
    Hope to see you again soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a winning recipe! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. We hope you'll come back this week for our Cookie Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like soup perfection!! Wish I had a bowl right now :) I am so happy to have you as a part of the Back For Seconds Social. I am featuring this yummy recipe tonight! Congrats, feel free to grab a button!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts