Day 27--Have Patience

Did you even sing this song growing up?

Have patience.  Have patience.
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you are impatient,
you only start to worry.

Remember, remember.
That God is patient too.
And, think of all the times that others
have to wait for you.

I learned it from a record featuring Herbert Snail.  Herbert wanted to get everywhere fast so he would ride a skateboard, crashing into people and yelling at people to get out of the way.  And I guess the little song about patience sunk in because now I sing it to the Little Guy.

As kids it is HARD to be patient.  Road trips are agony.  Waiting for Christmas seems to take all year.  (ha ha).  And then of course there is waiting for your film to be developed.  Wait, scratch that.  My kids will never have that experience!

Sometimes I am impatient.  I catch myself telling my toddler "hurry hurry".  And sometimes I say that to God.  I probably use a nicer tone.  But I definitely tell him I'm ready for things to happen.

I don't think anyone likes to wait.  One of my good friends once told me to never pray for patience.  God would certainly answer that prayer by giving me something to wait for!

But God does want us to be patient.  And sometimes he gives us things to wait for regardless of whether we want them or not.

We are in a season of waiting at our house.  We have no idea how long the season will be.  But I pray I can model patience for my boys instead of tearing through life on a skateboard.  When you are going that fast you often miss the good stuff.  The extra hugs and kisses.  The I love yous.  The cuddle time in the morning after they wake up.

I'm praying for patience because I'm ok if God gives me more to wait for.  I know whatever he has in store will be incredible!

I waited 27 long years for this wonderful man and it was worth every minute :)  So thankful for such a wonderful, supportive husband!


Comments

  1. I totally had that tape or record growing up and I find myself singing it in my head as an adult. It has great and has truthful lyrics. :) Thanks for the reminder-patience is tough when I am always wanting things to go a specific way. Which is always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a patient person by nature but I find that I am learning more since having my daughter. Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!

    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience is not a virtue that I was born with. However I am trying to find it because having a child you need patience.

    Thank you so much for linking up with Raising Imperfection :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you are talking about. It can be hard though!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts