Day 18--AWEsome

One of the Little Guy's favorite games to play on my phone is Monkey Preschool.  It's a great learning tool with cute graphics and age appropriate games.  After he gets a question correct the monkey always congratulates him saying something like terrific, awesome or great job!

Now he walks around giving props to himself all the time.  He'll do something and he will say "Good job Stattord" (this is what he calls himself).  He often repeats the monkey while he plays.  It's pretty cute.

The word awesome is WAY overused in our society.  It's totally an 80s word and reminds me of surfers for some reason.  Or maybe the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

When I searched for the definition of awesome it said this...

extremely impressive...inspiring  great admiration or fear...excellent

I'm pretty sure I use awesome to describe just about anything in my life that I enjoy.  And I think it's wrong.

Here are some things that are awesome...

You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Psalm 68:35

Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God. Deuteronomy 7:21

How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth! Psalm 47:2

Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf! Psalm 66:5

Now those are some instances when it is appropriate!

I love the lyrics to this song.  It talks about some of God's wonderful attributes....His mercy....His grace...His mighty love.  These are things that are awesome.  They make me stand at the foot of the cross in AWE of his love for me.  In AWE of his sacrifice.  In AWE of his mercies that are new every morning.  In AWE of the grace he has given me.  In AWE that he takes away my sin and makes me a new creation.

THIS is what AWEsome was meant to be!

When I think of Your mercy 
When I look upon Your face 
When I sing of Your beauty 
When I'm broken by Your grace 
I stand amazed without words 
or token whispers 
I humbly bow in silence at Your feet 
I'm overwhelmed by Your mighty love 
that causes me to be completely 
changed 
I'm in awe of You 

CHORUS 
In awe of You, the glory of Your presence 
In awe of You, the power of Your name 
In awe of You 
The Holy Lamb that takes away all sin 
To make me new 
I'm in awe of You 



Isn't creation AWE-some?


Comments

  1. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts