Day 11--One More

I'm a Kentucky girl and even though I grew up in the city I consider myself a little bit of a country girl.  I love basketball and fishing.  I bait my own hook.  And I listen to lots of country music.

A few years ago there was a popular song called One More Day.  I'm sure it probably made me cry at the time because I was bemoaning some sort of painful breakup.  But now?  I can't stop thinking of my Little Guy.

The song says...

One more day 
One more time 
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied 
But then again 
I know what it would do 
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you 


The Little Guy is in the stage where he says all kinds of funny things.  He asks for a "couple" of everything.  He also asks for "one more".  And he says it in the same tone of voice that I do when I'm telling him that he can have "one more" cracker or "one more" episode of Go Diego Go!

Tonight I tucked him into bed and he asked me to "cuddle".  His version of us cuddling is him wrapping his arm around my neck and playing with my hair.  He has played with my hair since he was tiny and has never stopped.

We sat there and he asked me first if we could cuddle in the big bed (our bed).  I told him we would have to cuddle in his bed.  So I knelt down and we prayed.  And then we cuddled.  And every time I kissed him and said goodnight he would say "one more".  

And you better believe that little arm wrapped around my neck left me wishing for one more day of cuddles with my sweet boy.  We might have had a later bedtime than usual tonight.  And it was totally worth it.



He always has my hair!

Comments

Popular Posts