Asian Flank Steak


Sorry for the super uncreative picture.  Sometimes it's all I can do to remember to snap a picture with my trusty phone!

This marinade was super yummy!!  While we were in Kentucky Peter and I had a wonderful date night out to celebrate our 5 years of wedded bliss.  I had an awesome asian flank steak and decided I had to find something like it to make at home.  So here you go!

Asian Flank Steak
(you can also use flat iron steak)

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil 

You know I always cheat and use the pre-chopped garlic.  I also forgot buy sesame oil so I went with olive oil instead.

The rest of the recipe is pretty self explanatory!  Mix all the ingredients, put in a plastic bag and marinate your meat over night!  Turn it if you remember.  You can either grill or broil.  

A few suggestions....
--place your meat in the bag on a baking sheet.  It saves you from cleaning up in case the bag leaks
--always let your meat rest a few minutes after grilling before you slice
--slice against the grain of the meat

I hope you enjoy this!!!

Comments

  1. yay for a new recipe! I told my husband a few months back that if I had an open kitchen that I would cook more - because the only reason I didnt like cooking was the fact our kitchen in our rent house was so secluded...well we are building a house and now...I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO COOK! ha. I will take all the recipe's I can get and you blog looks perfect for that! by the way I love your little "about me" section - cute way to introduce yourself and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts