Memorial Day Monday

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1. Weather Blues

I have to admit for the most part I am completely digging this PNW weather.  We get way more sun than the rumors give us credit and I never, ever sweat.  You can't beat that!  We had a beautiful day yesterday and we had a couple of weeks of full sun in March and April so I can't complain.  But as I'm reading everyone's facebook statuses about their weekend fun in the sun I have to admit I'm a tiny bit jealous!

2. Sick Boys

[Both of my sweet boys are sick.  It breaks my heart to hear the coughing and grosses me out to do the nose wiping.  Why? I HATE kleenex.  Actually I hate most paper products in general. And what really gets me is when they are wet.  It's a long story that goes back to being forced to clean my hampster's cage as a child  I won't go into any more detail but I seriously only keep napkins in the house for guests.  And before you ask, yes I use toilet paper.

3. Family Fun

My wonderful in-laws are here to visit this week.  Little Guy was super excited to see Mimi and Grandad!  We've been touring Tacoma and yesterday we visited Pike's Market in Seattle.  I've been craving some really good food (we've found the culinary scene here in Tacoma to be lacking, especially compared to the food mecca that was Charleston) and we got it!  Clam chowder, crab cakes, marionberry vatrushka.....I'll start my diet tomorrow.

4. Speaking of...

My sugar free month.  Yeah, oops!  Kinda slipped up on that one.  It's really hard with family in town so I'm going to give it a try again once we go back to "normal".  I'm also going to give it a go at being dairy free.  Littlest guy seems to have tummy troubles so I'm hoping this might help.

5. New-Old Friends

Our newest friends in the area are some of our oldest couple friends!  We are so fortunate to have a number of friends that have made the cross-country move and live near us here!  We met up with our new neighbors (they only live 1 mile from us!!) for a picnic in the park on Friday evening.  It was a beautiful day and don't you know as soon as we arrived it started raining.  Since we are now true North Westerners we had our picnic in the rain.  We waited it out and it ended up being beautiful.

Thankful today for a day to reflect on the sacrifice of so many through the years so that I can have the freedom to eat pastry at the market and picnic in the rain.  Especially thankful for my brother in law and sweet husband who currently serve and our many friends that we've been blessed to serve alongside!

Happy Memorial Day Monday!!

Comments

  1. Have you tried Boogie Wipes for their noses? They are moistened saline wipes, do yes they're wet, but not like wet Kleenex wet. And they don't irritate noses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts