Life Lenses

If you have any type of "i" device you've probably joined the masses and started using Instagram. And if you haven't, you should!! It's such a fun way to share photos and it's free editing software.

I've been thinking a lot about cameras lately. Or camera technology. You know I took a photography class and loved it. I'm saving for a new lens. I love the one I have but it's hard to use in small spaces. Sometimes I can't get everyone in the picture. It's leaving me feeling like I'm up against a wall. Because, well, I am! Either that or standing on a chair or toilet or somewhere else weird. Sometimes regardless of how awesome the shot could be it just doesn't make sense.

Isn't the Christian life like that? Sometimes no matter how great something is we can only see a part of it. We decide it doesn't look as appealing or interesting. We don't want to participate because we can't see the fun. Or it looks too dark or scary.

What we can't see is the whole picture. We're too busy rejecting small pieces and deciding how WE think the picture should look.

The good news? We don't have to save up to pay for a new life lens. They are free!! If your lens is cracked or clouded by doubt, fear, self-ambition, pride or some other picture altering junk, get a new one!

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness
Ephesians 4:22-24

I have to constantly examine my heart and motives. I have to constantly remind myself that when I don't like part of the picture that I am only seeing a small part. I have to let the Lord edit my life! I want to be new in the attitude of my mind. I encourage you to ask the Lord for the same!!


**see what you can do with Instagram! Looks like a new picture! I know that isn't technically a lens illustration but hopefully you get my point!

Comments

Popular Posts