I'm back....

.....I know you  missed me!!  There are some other people who miss me too....well, they mainly miss the Little Guy but I'll take whatever missing I can get!  In order to remedy all this missing I traveled this week to the Keystone State to visit with my parents, my grandma and some good friends.  It will the Little Guy's first plane trip and I have to brag on him a little.  He was a CHAMP!  On our first flight we found out we would have an unexpected 3 hour layover.  No big deal!  Stafford just charmed everyone he met, showing his dimple and never making a peep on either flight!  He was just as good today on the return flights.  I was SO thankful!!

We had a fabulous time on our trip!  We visited with some of my college friends and sorority sisters, current girls in the sorority (who are FABulous of course!), childhood friends and our family.  I got in a 8 mile run (go me!), a trip to the Cheesecake Factory, a new t-shirt and 2 trips to Katie's Corner for icecream.  Oh, and of course some General Tso's from Victor Lee.  Little Guy enjoyed his time with the grandparents and great-grandma and I enjoyed a little break!  Despite all the excitement we are super happy to be home and back with Daddy!!

Before we left on our adventure I made this meal twice.  As usual it is super easy and yummy! 

Chimichurri Burgers

2 pounds lean ground beef
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
1 cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 T white wine vinegar
1 T ground cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil

Combine the cilantro, parsley, vinegar, cumin, red pepper and salt in a blender or food processor.  Pulse and slowly add olive oil.

Mix beef, salt and cayenne in a bowl.  Form patties.  Spoon Chimichurri mixture into the center of the patties and top with remaining ground beef.  Press the edges to seal. 

Grill the burgers how you like them!  We topped them with tomato and onion and more Chimichurri sauce.  They were moist, flavorful and of course, fabulous!!  If you aren't a fan of spicy food you might want to add the red pepper flakes to taste.

At my cookbooks suggestion  I served these burgers will grilled plantains.  This is the current dessert of choice at our house!

Grilled Plantains

2-4 ripe plantains (they aren't ripe until they look brown and gross!)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Slice your plantains.  I usually cut them in half and then slice them down the middle so I get 4 pieces from each plantain.  Mix the butter, sugar and cayenne.  Brush on plantains with a pastry brush.  Grill for 4-6 minutes and then flip.  You can brush on as much or as little of the mixture as you like.  The more you put on the more the plantains will caramelize.  Caramelization = yumminess!

Comments

Popular Posts