Stafford's 5-Month Update

Dear Stafford,

On January 7th you were 5 months old!  I love watching you grow!!  This past month has been filled with lots of fun and it is getting more and more fun (how could it even get more fun!) to be your Mama.  I love staying home with you.  I love taking care of you and spending time with you.  They say you can't spoil a baby but I sure try!!  I know you won't be little forever and so I try to soak up as much Stafford time as possible.

We started out the month with Daddy being on a trip.  You were wonderful while he was gone even though we both had colds.  You were thrilled to see him when he got back!!  You laughed and laughed and it just made me so happy.  I am so glad that you love your Daddy.  And we are so glad your Daddy got to go on a trip!

After Daddy got back we had to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping and then we went to Chattanooga for your first Christmas.  You were busy working on rolling over and while we were there you started rolling over from back to front.  You do this all the time now!  Sometimes you can get back on your back again but usually you play on your tummy for a while and then fuss a little to get me to turn you back over.  You can roll over from front to back but not as well.

You are still a great sleeper.  You usually get up between 7:30 and 8:30.  I feed you and change you and then you play in your gym until you are ready for another nap.  Sometimes Mommy takes a nap with you!  After you get up around 11 you eat again and now Mama gives you some solid food!  So far you have tried rice cereal, green beans and applesauce.  You make lots of funny faces and try to help a LOT when I am feeding you.  You usually suck on your left hand the whole time in between bites.  You also use your whole body to take a bite.  It's pretty cute.  You eat again around 2 and 5 and usually take a 30 to 45 minute nap between each feeding.  After you eat at 5 you stay up until 7:30 or 8 and then you go to bed for the night. 

You are still wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes.  You love to have your diaper or clothes changed and lately you have started rolling over on the changing table!  Mama has to watch you!!  You also LOVE to stand up.  You usually hang out in your Jumper during mealtime so Mama and Daddy can eat.  You stand on our laps whenever you get the chance.  Lately you have been placing your hands on my cheeks and pulling my face to you.  Then you try to eat my nose.  It's drooly but I love it.  You also give wonderful kisses!

Every day I get to spend with you is a blessing.  I am so thankful for you and I love you so very much.  You are my happy hearted boy!!  Your smile just lights up my life!!  I can't wait to see what changes are up ahead for you!!  We love you!!

Love,
Daddy & Mama

Comments

  1. Laura, I love reading about Stafford and seeing his cute face. I love his hair in the one above. Too sweet! So glad you have each other (and a wonderful dad/husband:) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts