Day 15: 100th Post

How fitting that this post is my 100th post! I took a picture of Stafford in his Little Bear pjs because they are a very special pair!

One year ago I took a test that would change my life forever!  I was totally sure that I wasn't pregnant and took the test that Tuesday morning to prove to myself that I wasn't so I could stop stressing about it.  After I took the test I looked down at it and confirmed the truth-there was only 1 line.  I picked it up to throw it away and realized that there was a faint second line.  That little line could only mean one thing-life was about to change!!

I could barely contain myself and at work that day I couldn't figure out why everyone wasn't asking me if I were pregnant.  I felt like it was written across my face.  I made it through the day and on the way home from work I stopped at the outlets looking for the perfect little outfit for our future little one.  I ran across this pair of pjs that say "Little Bear" on them.  I bought them, wrapped them and put them under the tree. 

Dinner seemed to drag by that night and afterwards I asked Peter if he wanted to open one of his "Christmas" gifts.  We had agreed not to do gifts so I don't know why he wasn't suspicious.  He sat on the couch and opened the gift and said, "I don't think this will fit Bear."

All joking aside I showed him the test and we rejoiced together over the news.  We didn't have a due date, a name and we certainly had no clue about how to be parents!  But from that moment forward Baby E was showered with love and prayer. 

As I look back on the past year it is filled with so much fun.  It wasn't all easy but what an amazing ride it has been.  I love my little boy so much.  Each day I love him more and I keep thinking my heart will be full eventually but there always seems to be room for more Stafford!  What a gift from God you are little Nathan Stafford!!  We love you so much!!

Honestly....how could you not love this guy!?!

Comments

Popular Posts