What have you done?



Sorry to disappoint again but there are not going to be any nursery pictures today. After going to the doctor today for my 35 week (oh my word I can't believe I'm already 35 weeks!!!) appointment I was assigned the hard work of staying in bed until she gives me the go ahead to get up. So I'm trying to do just that!


Apparently the National League won the All-Star game for the first time since 1996. Sometimes 1996 seems like a long time ago. Let's face it, in '96 I had braces, learned to drive and I'm pretty sure my idea of fashion included stirrup pants. If you don't know what those are google them-I'm positive it will instantly raise my cool factor in your mind.


Someone posed the question "What have you done since 1996?" and it really made me think.


Here are some of the highlights:


3 degrees (High School, College and Graduate School)

5 jobs (bookstore, Applebee's, Georgetown College, CofC Residence Life, CofC Honors College)

1 husband (do we really need parenthesis for this one?)

1 first house

1 sweet puppy

6 countries

26 states

1 baby on the way


I mean, those are major milestones! It is overwhelming to think of all the things that the last 14 years encompasses.


Of course I am thinking to the future and wondering what the next 14 years will bring. I know some of those things will be wonderful things (hopefully more babies and more countries but definitely no more husbands; I like the one I've got!!) Some things will be really sad. Eventually there are going to be some losses and things that are really hard to deal with. But through it all the one thing that remains the same through all this change is God. Hebrews says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. What a great promise that is!! No matter how much good and bad happens in the next 14+ years I know I can count on a bigger God. That's even cooler than my stirrup pants!!

Comments

Popular Posts