Television Obsession

For years I've been joking about the fact that you can't call my parents on Thursdays from 8-9 because it means they are watching Survivor. Peter and I didn't even have a TV for most of our first year of marriage and I've never considered myself must of a television junkie. This all changed when I discovered the world of Reality TV.....FOOD Reality TV!! Here is what you'll find me watching this summer.....I promise I'll call you back when it's over!!


The Next Food Network Star. Bobby Flay & Giada (my FAV!!) co-host this search for the next person that will star on the Food Channel. Food and TV challenges occur in each episode and a contestant is eliminated each week. Tune in on Sunday nights if you want to find out who wins!
Top Chef. Wow can these people cook! I am amazed at what they come up with at the drop of a hat without any time to prepare. I LOVE elimination shows and I LOVE watching people who can really cook work in the kitchen! This season starts June the 16th!!

Iron Chef America. My old stand-by. I don't miss it! And if I miss the Sunday evening episode....well it runs again on Thursday night and twice on Saturday! Plenty of opportunity to catch these masters in action!

Do you have any shows you can't miss? What are they?


Comments

  1. I watch way too much TV now that we have a DVR and I stay at home. I can record shows that Kyle doesn't like and watch them while B is napping. My top show is Army Wives. Most my other shows have ended for the summer. But my summer viewing includes: The Bachelorette, WipeOut, So You Think You Can Dance, and I've even watched the 1st 2 episodes of True Beauty even though I hate it.
    Ha.
    I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS... I have been watching Food Network, nonstop! It's sort of been a good and bad thing- Good, in that I don't turn it on until the "reality" shows start which is usually at night (thus keeping the TV off the rest of the day...) And bad, if they run a marathon of "The Next Food Network Star" I'm HOOKED all day! My favorite is Iron Chef, but I also enjoy Chopped, Ultimate Cake Off & Cake Boss (which is kinda funny because I'm not a huge fan of cake).
    It's just the perfect kind of entertainment ~ semi-educational and not too serious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as far as reality TV shows, I'm a HUGE fan of So You Think You Can Dance, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef (and Top Chef Masters), Project Runway, and my embarrassing "guilty pleasure" America's Next Top Model. Also am in love with NCIS and (sadly) Grey's Anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bachelor(ette) and so you think you can dance! (dance!) (dance!) {in echoing fashion}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts