Heartburn Foods....Oops!


According to WebMD (I can't really vouch for it's validity but it was the first article that came up in my search), here are the top ten foods that might cause heartburn. If you've never had heartburn before I hope you don't ever!
1. Citrus fruits
2. Tomatoes
3. Garlic
4. Spicy Foods
5. Peppermint
6. Foods high in fat (cheese for example)
7. Alcohol
8. Caffeine
9. Chocolate
10. Carbonated Beverages
Oops on dinner tonight. My menu consisted of a fruit smoothie (blueberries, banana, ice and OJ), a tomato, garlic, balsamic vinegar and cheese sandwich, and a few bites of chocolate ice cream (just a few I swear!!!).

So I managed to cover 1, 2, 3, 6, and 9 all in one meal. This is a pretty typical meal for me when Peter is gone, especially the sandwich. It's just something I made up but here is how I do it:


Slice focaccia bread in half.

Lightly coat with olive oil.

Stack with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, garlic salt and basil.

Broil on low for 2-4 minutes or until cheese gets melty and good!

Cover with balsamic vinegar. I use LOTS!

Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. so i have been checking your blog and kept wondering why you hadn't posted. then i realized the link i was using was from your original post........duh!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts